25 October 2014

Zomtober - Renovations

So, my zombie horde is coming along nicely and I'm down to the last 10 or so figures remaining unpainted - sadly, the bases of my older painted zomb-apoc stuff didn't quite fit with my more modern stuff. As such, I decided to dig them all out and rebase them!
Some of them needed new bases altogether - generally metal zeds and some survivors - I've really started to dislike slotta bases lately, so the Warhammer 40000 bases with no slot are the way forward! I weight them with coins to add a bit more heft too!
I got the previous basing materials removed from these and then my current mix of gravel then sand added.
Undercoated black, base paged scorched brown...
Drybrushed tan and light stone grey...

Ta daaaa! Flock added, excess flock brushed off with a toothbrush, base washed with a muddy/crap mix and the base sides painted black! Huzzah! All that's required now is some gore on a few figures here and there! I may get around to taking a full shot of my horde later today!

16 comments:

  1. That's a lot of bases dude! Good job dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob! It was easy enough to do with some good films/TV shows in the background :)

      Delete
  2. Good job, like the look of your basing. double thumbs up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fabulous shambling hoard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that Barney with a chainsaw in there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed! It's from the Horrorclix range, called "Snookums" I seem to recall. I've used him as a psycho survivor in the post-apocalypse, he'll probably be similar in my zomb-apocalypse too!

      Delete
  5. This looks....Like a proper fight!!!

    Man that is a scaring looking horde!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I agree! I just need to sort out some bits of terrain and I might get some games in with them!

      Delete
  6. Awesome! That is a great horde. Heck of a lot of work done there as well to get the bases all redone. Excellent all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers :) It wasn't too bad, the old PVA came off quite nicely! I managed to motor through them once I got going!

      Delete
  7. Good lord man. You are a machine! Really nice end result.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic job they all look Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete